Now that it is officially sweater weather, we hope you and your little ones are taking in all of the enjoyment this season can bring.
Next Monday, 10/12, we will meet again at Newnan First Baptist Church from 6:30-8:30 p.m. for … you guessed it!…MOPS Swap! This MOPS meeting favorite is back again just in time for fall closet clean outs. Please bring your gently used items to share with other mamas, and come ready to shop for your family. Items to share include: men, women and children’s clothing, children’s books, toys, puzzles, etc. You can also share household items like frames, decor, etc. Prepare to bless others, and maybe find some treasures as well! Also, we ask that you not take home items to resell, but rather only take items that suit the needs of your family! All unclaimed items will be donated to a local organization.
Friends, the fun has just begun. For the remainder of the fall, MOPS of Newnan will continue to offer food, coffee, fellowship, discussion and content that speaks to our mom hearts. Mark your calendars for each of these evenings from 6:30-8:30 p.m.:
- Monday, 10/26: Our topic will be “Looking for the Lonely.” On this evening, we will delve into how motherhood can be at times, well, lonely. But that is one of the reasons MOPS exists – to bring us all together in this season of raising babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Monday, 11/16: As we prepare our hearts and minds for the season of Thanksgiving, we will discuss “The Work of Gratitude.” Even in the midst of challenges and uncertainty, gratitude is a must-have attitude that can be a game-changer for ourselves and those around us.
- Monday, 11/30: On this evening, come prepared to learn a ton about fire safety for your home. If you have not heard from our friends at the Newnan Fire Department in the past, you definitely do not want to miss this meeting.
- Monday, 12/7: It’s time to be merry and bright as we enjoy our annual MOPS of Newnan Christmas party.
- 2021: Stay tuned for details on how our meetings will unfold in the New Year!
Interested in joining us for the first time? Please come check out a meeting! The first two meetings are free and we would love to greet you. If you would like more registration details, please visit https://member-registration-packet-copy.cheddarup.com.
And, as a friendly reminder, scholarship opportunities are still available! We would love to have you along for this year’s journey as we “Decide to Rise.”